Luxury Vinyl Flooring: How I Stopped Worrying About Moisture on My Floor
Categories: Uncategorized | November 8, 2017
Consumers often ask how they can achieve the look of a beautiful, wood floor without worrying about whether it runs the risk of being ruined from everyday liquids. The solution is Luxury Vinyl Plank, otherwise known as LVP. Luxury Vinyl Plank has been around for quite a while but never before with such durability and so many choices with regards to colour, texture and style. The versatility of this product is what has everyone’s attention. Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) and Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) are the two formats of luxury vinyl flooring available.
Luxury Vinyl Plank
Luxury Vinyl Tile
Luxury vinyl flooring is a layered product construction which typically consists of three layers. The bottom layer is usually PVC vinyl which provides stability to the plank. The top layer, or decorative layer is then laid on top of the base layer. The wear layer is a coating that is applied to the top of the decorative layer, helping to protect it.
Advantages to installing LVP or LVT:
- Installation is easy
- Softer than hardwood or laminate flooring
- Provides some sound reduction
- Easy to clean and keep clean
- Waterproof and safe to use in both kitchens and bathrooms
- Countless styles and patterns to choose from
- Available in commercially rated LVP and LVT
- Some manufacturers offer an option for grout in their LVT sections
- LVP and LVT come in a click installation, full spread adhesion or perimeter adhesion.
- Pressure sensitive adhesion that simplified installation
- Easy to replace a single plank or tile if one gets damaged over time
If you have any questions about Luxury Vinyl Plank or Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring, give us a call or stop by our Abbotsford location to talk to one of the flooring professionals at Kingston Flooring. We have a wide variety of styles and colours available in our showroom.